• FST Associate Professor Lynn Knipe was quoted in a recent Columbus Dispatch article about grilling meat. Click here to read the article.
• Dr. Morgan Cichon has been selected as the recipient of a Metabolomics Society Early Career Travel Award for Metabolomics 2016. She will use the award to present her poster at the 12th Annual International Conference of the Metabolomics Society in Dublin, Ireland this June.
• Adjunct professors Dr. John Litchfield and Ron Harris, and FST graduate students Bing Yan and Xiaohuan Hu served as FST scholarship judges on State Science Day on Saturday, May 14, 2016 at OSU. FST graduate student Santosh Dhakal served as an academic judge for this event.
• PhD student Bing Yan has received a 2016 Division Leader Travel Grant from IFT.
• Greg Sigurdson, who graduated this spring with his PhD in Food Science, was named the 2016 FST Outstanding Teaching Assistant.
• Congratulations to Xuewen Jiang on winning second place in the M.S. poster competition at the OARDC Annual Research Conference.
• Dr. Greg West has been hired at CFAES to serve as the Director of Food Systems and Industry Relations. Greg will begin on June 1, 2016 and report to the Vice President and Dean as the college continues to identify and solidify the path to a comprehensive and coordinated effort focusing on private sector engagement across disciplines. Greg has 28 years of experience in the food system in various leadership capacities with some of the most recognizable and successful brand names. Greg has served the Department of Food Science and Technology as an External Advisory Board member from 2012-20
June 6-7 FIC Introductory HACCP Workshop
June 8-10 FIC FSPCA- Preventive Controls for Human Food Training
Qualified Individual Certification Workshop
July 17 OSU at IFT Friends and Alumni Reception
Sept. 12-14 Conference of Food Engineering (CoFE)