You are here
Food Science and Technology News : February 2017 Highlights
- Congratulations to Dr. Luis Rodriguez-Saona who is the recipient of the 2017 OSU Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching.
- Congratulations to the following faculty who have recently received award recognition from the OARDC:
Dr. Melvin Pascall who has been named the 2017 OARDC Innovator of the Year.
Dr. Jiyoung Lee who has been selected to receive the 2017 OARDC Distinguished Junior Faculty Award.
Dr. Ahmed Yousef who has been selected to receive the 2017 OARDC Distinguished Senior Faculty Research Award.
All three faculty will be recognized during the OARDC Annual Research Conference on April 20th.
- Dr. Christopher Simons and MS graduate Rebecca Liu published a study examining the impact of "All Natural" labeling on perceived food quality, nutritional content, and liking which was recently posted on the Decision Sciences Collaborative website. The study will appear in the Journal of Food Science. Click here for the link to DSC website. The study was also reported by IFT as well as The New Food Economy.
- Dr. Ahmed Yousef and Dr. Bala Balasubramaniam were featured experts in recent articles about Ohio as a hub for bacteria-killing, high-pressure food processing. Click here for the Columbus Dispatch article. The article also ran in the Canton Repository.
- Congratulations to MS student Katie Williamson on being admitted into Phi Tau Sigma – the honor society for food science and technology.
- Citation Needed, the FST Science and Ag communicators club, was featured in the Columbus Dispatch.
- Congratulations to Ally Iwanski who has been awarded the 2017 Virginia Dare scholarship award and to Jace Metzcar who is the recipient of the International Dairy Deli Bakery Association W.T. Reece Memorial scholarship award. Both students will be recognized during FST spring semester graduation party on Friday, May 5th.
- Congratulations to Dr. Ahmed Yousef who has recently been awarded his 7th patent at OSU.
- The Food Industries Center conducted an onsite Better Process Control School at The J.M. Smucker Company on February 8 – 9, training employees in thermal processing of low-acid and acidified foods.
- On February 22 – 23, the Food Industries Center offered the HTST Pasteurization Workshop in collaboration with Quality Chekd Dairies.
March 9, 2017 Food Industries Center OVIFT event
Click here to learn more
March 13 – 16, 2017 Better Process Control School
April 3-4, 2017 FREC Survey of Flavor Science
FREC short course
April 6, 2017 Introduction to Pasteurized Milk Ordinance