- Planning to attend the IFT Annual Meeting this Year? Don’t forget your ticket to our OSU at IFT reception. The reception is set for Monday, June 26th from 5:30 – 7:30 pm and will be held at the Venetian. Contact Kelly Elisar at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- We are pleased to announce that the following people will be joining our department in June (Dr. Snyder) and in August (Dr. Klein and Dr. Kowalcyk):
- Welcome to Cambree Moser, who is the department’s new Academic Program Coordinator.
- The Ohio State University Board of Trustees has approved establishment of the Kurt Deibel Family Fund. The annual distribution from this fund shall be used to support a graduate student in the Department of Food Science and Technology in the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences.
- Dr. Bala Balasubramaniam has been named the 2017 recipient of the Calvert L. Willey Distinguished Service Award and will be recognized at the IFT Annual Meeting.
- Dr. Emmanuel Hatzakis has been named the 2017 recipient of the Samuel Cate Prescott Award for Research and will be recognized during the IFT Annual Meeting.
- Congratulations to Dr. Luis Rodriguez-Saona who is the recipient of the 2017 OSU Alumni Award for Distinguished Teaching.
- Congratulations to the following faculty who have recently received award recognition from the OARDC:
Dr. Melvin Pascall who has been named the 2017 OARDC Innovator of the Year.
Dr. Jiyoung Lee who has been selected to receive the 2017 OARDC Distinguished Junior Faculty Award.
Congratulations to the following FST friends and Alumni who will be recognized during the 2017 CFAES Alumni Awards luncheon on March 4, 2017.
Meritorious Service Award
John C. “Jack” Fisher (’67 & ’69, Animal Sciences)
Dan Wampler (’80 & ’83 Food Technology, Horticulture)
Young Professional Award
Chanun Mo Somboonvechakarn (’09, MS & ’07, BS, Food Science and Technology)
- Congratulations to the following FST friends and Alumni who will be recognized during the 2017 CFAES Alumni Awards luncheon on March 4, 2017.
- Congratulations to Andrea Gorzitze on receiving the 2016 Staff Advisory Council Above and Beyond Special Recognition Award! Andrea has been working with 33 faculty and numerous staff as the Grants Development Specialist at two Departments (FABE and FST) since she joined our College in 2006. She was nominated for the special recognition award by FABE Professor Erdal Ozkan.
- The Department hosted the 2016 Harris Award recipient Dr. Herbert Stone to campus for the Harris Award Lecture and award presentation.
- Dr. Mary Kay Pohlschneider and the FDSCTE 1150 Caffeine Science course was in a recent article in the Ohio State student newspaper The Lantern. Click here to read the article.
- Congratulations to Dr. Herbert Stone who has been selected as the 2016 Harris Award Recipient. The 2016 Harris Award Lecture will take place on Friday, October 28th at 2 pm in room 118 of the Parker Food Science and Technology building. All are welcome to attend.