Food Science and Technology News : June 2020 Highlights
- Dr. Barb Kowalcyk and the Center for Foodborne Illness Research and Prevention hosted over 200 attendees for a World Food Safety Day webinar. The webinar was titled “Food Safety, Everyone's Business: The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Food Safety Systems" and featured speakers from the Ohio Department of Health, Department of Agriculture, Ohio Restaurant Association, and Franklin County Health Department.
- Dr. Yael Vodovotz was featured in a Popular Science article where she talked about the science behind gummies and her work with gummy supplements for cancer patients.
- Dr. Lynn Knipe talks about meat processing plants in a Lima News COVID-19 update.
- Dr. Barb Kowalcyk talked with ABC6 News about food safety for consumers in the midst of the pandemic.
- Congratulations to Walaa Hussein on receiving an FST Outstanding Graduate Research Award.
- Congratulations to Phillip Eberly, Ariel Garsow, and Abigail Krentz on being named 2020 IFT Feeding Tomorrow scholarship recipients.
- Congratulations to FST PhD student Gonzalo Miyagusuku Cruzado on his second place in the graduate student poster competition at the American Dairy Science Association (ASDA) Virtual Annual Meeting. FST MS student Lin Zhang also participated in the poster competition. Dr. Rafael Jimenez-Flores completed his term as ASDA president and will serve now serve one year as past president.
- Congratulations to the 43 FST undergraduate students that were named to the Spring Semester Dean’s List. Students completing a minimum of 12 graded credit hours with a GPA of 3.5 or higher for any given term will be named to the Dean's List for that term in the college in which they are enrolled.
- Health Security Journal recently published an article coauthored by FST research scientist Dr. Kara Morgan titled "Assessing the Risks and Benefits of Advances in Science and Technology: Exploring the Potential of Qualitative Frameworks."