Graduate Minor in Food Science and Technology
This graduate minor is designed to provide Masters and Doctoral students with knowledge and skills regarding food science and technology. Graduate students who plan to seek employment in food research and other food industry positions are ideal candidates. Topics covered include microbiology, food chemistry, and food processing.
Curriculum & Procedure
Degree-seeking OSU graduate students will be able to list the Graduate Minor in Food Science and Technology on their transcripts after successfully completing 12 semester credit hours (from 3 required content areas) with a grade of B or better and submitting the required Graduate Minor forms. Click here for more information from the Graduate School.
For eligibility requirements and a full list of course options, please review the Graduate Minor Curriculum Sheet
1. Complete and submit the Graduate Minor in Food Science and Technology Program Form
2. Once the Program Form is submitted, go to gradforms.osu.edu and complete a Minors and Interdisciplinary Specialization Form
- Your Graduation Level / Plan / Degree will belong to your home department
- Select FDSCTE-GM – Food Science and Technology Graduate Minor for “Designation Name"
- Click here for assistance on gradforms
3. Upon completion of the minor, go to gradforms.osu.edu and complete the Graduate Minor Transcript Designation Form
For questions related to adding a minor to your program plan, please visit with your academic advisor in your home department.
If you have questions about the Graduate Minor in Food Science and Technology or courses offered in this program, please contact Alexandra Mobley, Graduate Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org