The Department of Food Science and Technology has partnered with the Ohio Valley section of the Institute of Food Technologists to create a Student-Industry Mentorship Program. This program will offer both graduate and undergraduate students in our department an opportunity to be paired with professional mentors involved with the food industry. The program is focused on career and industry professional development. Links to the student and industry professional applications can be found below.
Students and Industry Professionals have been matched however, if you are looking to mentor a student starting in January 2020, please contact Kelly Elisar at email@example.com.
- The 2019-2020 school year pilot program will be a 2 semester long commitment starting August 2019 until May 2020.
- It will require attendance to two in person events on Ohio State’s campus in addition to communication and meetings between mentor and mentee at a frequency that is decided between each pair.
- While the program will officially end at the end of the 2020 school year, mentors and mentees are encouraged to stay in touch as long as they would like.
- Students can participate again during the 2020-2021 school year if they have not yet graduated, but may be paired with a different mentor.
- The first 25 students will be accepted for this program, the other applicants will be placed on a wait list if more mentors become available.
- Mentors should have at least 3 years experience in the industry.
Please take the time to thoroughly think through this commitment before signing up, to make the most of the time and experience for both students and the industry professional mentors.