The Industry-Student Mentorship Program offers an opportunity for students in the Department of Food Science and Technology to be paired with industry professional mentors from the Ohio Valley section of the Institute of Food Technologists. The program is focused on career and professional development.
- The 2018-2019 school year’s pilot program will be a 1 semester long commitment from January 2019 until May 2019.
- It will require attendance to two in person events on Ohio State’s campus in addition to communication and meetings between mentor and mentee at a frequency that is decided between each pair.
- While the program will officially end at the end of the semester, mentors and mentees are encouraged to stay in touch as long as they would like.
- Students can participate again during the 2019-2020 school year if they have not yet graduated, but may be paired with a different mentor.
- Applications for the 2018-2019 program are due December 1st, 2018.
- The first 20 students will be accepted for this program, the other applicants will be placed on a wait list if more mentors become available.
Please take the time to thoroughly think through this commitment before signing up, to make the most of both your time as a student as well as the time of the industry professional mentors.
Please fill out the application below to participate.