1. Chinachoti, C. and Vodovotz, Y. (eds.) Bread Staling. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. 2000.
1. Vodovotz, Y. and Tsoubelli, M. Food Microstructure, in Wiley Encyclopedia of Food Science, 2nd edition, F.J. Francis (ed.), John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, NY. 1999, Volume 2, 939-946.
2. Vodovotz, Y. and Chinachoti, P. Probing molecular motions of low moisture starch gels by carbon-13 NMR, in: Advances in Magnetic Resonance in Food Science, P.S. Belton, B.P. Hills and G. A. Webb (eds.), Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, U.K. 1999, 185-192.
3. Bourland, C., V. Kloeris, B. Rice, and Vodovotz, Y. Food systems for space and planetary flights, in: Nutrition in Space Flight and Weightlessness Models, H.W. Lane and D. A. Schoeller (eds.), CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. 2000, 19-40.
4. Vodovotz, Y., Baik, M., Vittadini, E. and Chinachoti, P. Instrumental techniques used in bread staling analysis, in: Bread Staling, P. Chinachoti and Y. Vodovotz (eds.), CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. 2000, 93-113.
5. Vodovotz, Y. and Bourland, C.T. Preservation methods utilized for space food, in: Engineering and Food for the 21st Century, J. Welti-Chanes, G.V. Barbosa-Canovas and J.M. Aguiller (eds.), CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL. 2002, 993-1006.
6. Chinachoti, P., Vittadini, E., Chatakanonda, P. and Vodovotz, Y. Characterization of molecular mobility in carbohydrate food systems by NMR, in: Modern Magnetic Resonance Volume 3, P. Belton (ed.), Springer, New York, NY 2006, 1681-1690.
7. Lodi, A. and Vodovotz, Y. Use of MRI to probe the water proton mobility in soy and wheat breads, in: Magnetic Resonance in Food Science, From Molecules to Man. A. Farhat, P.S. Belton and G.A. Webb (eds.) RSC press, Cambridge, UK. 2007, 83-88.
8. Vodovotz, Y. Soy enriched bread, in: Technology of Functional Cereal Products, B. Hamaker (Ed.), Woodhead Publishing Ltd., Cambridge, UK. 2007, 388-408.
9. Vittadini, E. and Vodovotz, Y. Effects of water distribution and transport on food microstructure, in: Understanding and Controlling the Microstructure of Complex Foods, J. McClements (ed.) Woodhead Publishing Ltd., Cambridge, UK. 2007, 89-112
10. Serventi, L., Sachleben, J. and Vodovotz, Y. Effect of soy addition on microwavable parbaked frozen doughs, in: Magnetic Resonance in Food Science: Challenges in a Changing World, M. Guojonsdottir, P. Belton and G. Webb (Eds.) Royal Society of Chemistry, UK. 2009, 115-125.
11. Ahn-Jarvis, J., Schwartz, S. and Vodovotz, Y. "Optimizing isoflavone-rich food delivery systems for human clinical trials." In Food and Nutritional Components in Focus: Chemistry, Analysis, Function and Effects. Edited by V.R. Preedy. London: Royal Society of Chemistry, 2012. (Forthcoming).
1. Vodovotz,Y., Arteaga, G.E. and Nakai, S. 1993. Principal component similarity analysis for classification and its application to GC data of mango. Food Research International, 26, 355-363.
2. Vodovotz, Y., Hallberg, L. and Chinachoti, P. 1996. Effect of aging and drying on thermomechanical properties of white bread as characterized by Dynamic Mechanical Analysis (DMA) and Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC). Cereal Chemistry, 73(2) 264-270.
3. Vodovotz, Y. and Chinachoti, P. 1996. Thermal transitions in gelatinized wheat starch at different moisture contents by dynamic mechanical analysis. Journal of Food Science, 61(5) 932-937.
4. Vodovotz, Y., Vittadini, E., Coupland, J., Chinachoti, P. and McClements, D.J. 1996. Bridging the gap: The use of confocal microscopy in food research. Food Technology, 50(6) 74-82.
5. Vodovotz, Y. and Barta, D. 1998. Food processing in an enclosed environment: Hydroponically grown wheat to bread. Life Support and Biosphere Science: International Journal of Earth and Space, 5(1) 79-86.
6. Vodovotz, Y. and Chinachoti, C. 1998. Glassy-rubbery transition and recrystallization during aging of wheat starch gels. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 46(2) 446-453.
7. Kloeris, V., Vodovotz, Y., Bye, L., Stiller, C. and Lane, E. 1998. Design and implementation of a vegetarian food system for a closed chamber test. Journal of Life Support and Biospheric Science, 5(2) 231-242.
8. Vodovotz, Y. and Chinachoti, P. 1999. Visualization of white bread with a confocal microscope. American Laboratory, 31(8) 46-51.
9. Vodovotz, Y., Bourland, C.T., Kloeris, V., Lane, H. and Smith, S.M. 1999. Critical Path Plan for Food and Nutrition Research Required for Planetary Exploration Missions. Journal of Human Performance in Extreme Environment, 4(2) 60-63.
10. Vodovotz, Y., Dickenson, L.C. and Chinachoti, P. 2000. Molecular characterization around a Glassy Transition of Starch Using 1H Cross Relaxation NMR. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 48(10) 4948-4954.
11. Vodovotz, Y., Zasypkin, D., Lertsiriyothin, W., Lee, T-C. and Bourland, C. 2000. Quantification and characterization of volatiles evolved during extrusion of rice and soy flours. Biotechnology Progress, 16(2) 299-301.
12. Vodovotz, Y., Lane, H. W. and Smith, S.M. 2000. Food and nutrition in space: application to human health. Nutrition, 16(7/8) 534-537.
13. Vodovotz, Y. and Hentges, D.L. 2001. Safety issues associated with processing soybeans in an enclosed habitat intended for long duration space missions. Journal of Life Support & Biosphere Science, 8(1): 1-8.
14. Vodovotz, Y., Vittadini, E. and Sachleben, J.R. 2002. Use of 1H cross relaxation nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to probe the changes in bread and its components upon aging. Carbohydrate Research, 337(2): 147-154.
15. Wilgus, T.A., Vodovotz, Y., Vittadini, E., Clubbs, E.A. and Oberyszyn, T.M. 2003. Reduction of scar formation in full-thickness wounds with topical Celecoxib treatment. Wound Repair and Regeneration, 11 (1): 25-34.
16. Vittadini, E., Lee, J.H., Frega, N.G., Min, D.B. and Vodovotz, Y. 2003. DSC determination of thermally induced autoxidation of olive oil. Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society, 80(6): 533-537.
17. Vittadini, E. And Vodovotz, Y. 2003. Changes in the physico-chemical properties of wheat and soy containing breads during storage as studied by thermal analyses. Journal of Food Science, 68(6): 2022-2027.
18. Walsh, K. R., Zhang, Y. C., Vodovotz, Y., Schwartz, S. J., and Failla, M. L. 2003. Stability and bioaccessibility of isoflavones from soy bread during in vitro digestion. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 51(16) 4603-4609.
19. Zhang, Y.C., Albrecht, D., Bomser, J., Schwartz, S.J. and Vodovotz, Y. 2003. Isoflavone profile and biological activity of soy bread. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 51(26):7611-7616.
20. Vittadini, E., Clubbs, E., Shellhammer, T.H. and Vodovotz, Y. 2004. Effect of high pressure processing and addition of glycerol and salt on the properties of water in corn tortillas. Journal of Cereal Science, 39(1):109-117.
21. Lee, J. H., Renita, M., St. Martin, S., Schwartz, S. J. and Vodovotz, Y. 2004. Isoflavone characterization and antioxidant activity of Ohio soybeans. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 52(9):2647-2651.
22. Zhang, Y.C., Lee, Y.C., Vodovotz, Y. and Schwartz, S.J. 2004. Changes in distribution of isoflavones and glucosidase activity during soy bread proofing and baking. Cereal Chemistry, 81(6):741–745.
23. Tiziani S. and Vodovotz, Y. 2005. Rheological effects of soy protein addition to tomato juice. Food Hydrocolloids, 19(1):45-52.
24. Alvarez, V. B., Wolters, C. L., Ji, T. and Vodovotz. Y. 2005. Physical properties of ice cream containing milk protein concentrates. Journal of Dairy Science, 88(3):862-871.
25. Clubbs, E. A., Vittadini, E., Shellhammer T.H. and Vodovotz, Y. 2005. Changes in the mechanical properties of corn tortillas due to the addition of glycerol and salt and selective high pressure treatments. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, 6(3):304-309.
26. Tiziani, S. and Vodovotz, Y. 2005. Rheological characterization of a novel functional food: tomato juice with soy germ. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 53(18):7267-7273.
27. Riedl, K.M., Zhang, Y.C., Schwartz, S.J. and Vodovotz, Y. 2005. Optimizing dough proofing conditions to enhance isoflavone aglycones in soy bread. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 53(21):8253-8258.
28. Tiziani S., Schwartz, S.J. and Vodovotz, Y. 2006. Profiling of carotenoids in tomato juice by one- and two-dimensional NMR. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 54(16):6094-6100.
29. Fernandez, U., Vodovotz, Y., Courtney, P. and Pascall, M.A. 2006. Extended shelf-life of soy bread using modified atmosphere packaging. Journal of Food Protection, 69(3):693-698.
30. Riedl, K.M., Lee, J.H., Renita, M., St. Martin, S.K., Schwartz, S. J. and Vodovotz, Y. 2007. Isoflavone profiles, phenolic content and antioxidant activity of soybean seeds as influenced by cultivar and growing location in Ohio. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 87:1197-1206.
31. Lodi, A., Tiziani, S. and Vodovotz, Y. 2007. Molecular changes in in soy and wheat breads during storage as probed by NMR. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 55(14): 5850-5857.
32. Lodi, A., Abduljalil, A. and Vodovotz, Y. 2007. Characterization of water distribution in bread using magnetic resonance imaging. Magnetic Resonance Imaging,25, 1449-1458.
33. Tiziani, S. Schwartz. S.J. and Vodovotz, Y. 2008.Intermolecular interactions in phytochemical model systems studied by NMR diffusion measurements. Food Chemistry, 107:962-969.
34. Clubbs, E. A., Vittadini, E., Shellhammer T.H. and Vodovotz, Y. 2008. Effects of Storage on the Physico-Chemical Properties of Corn Tortillas. Journal of Cereal Science, 47:162-171
35. Nilufer, D., Boyacioglu D., and Vodovotz, Y. 2008. Functionality of soy milk powder and its components in soy bread. Journal of Food Science, 73(4):75.
36. Lodi, A. and Vodovotz, Y. 2008. Physical properties and water state changes during storage in soy bread with and without almond. Journal of Food Chemistry, 110:554-561.
37. Lucius, R., Gao, Y. and Vodovotz, Y. 2009.Characterization of water in masa with different additives, Cereal Chemistry, Cereal Chemistry 86:350–354.
38. Modi, S., Koelling, K. and Vodovotz, Y. 2009. Thermal and Rheological Properties of PHB Synthesized with Various Hydroxyvalerate Content for Potential Use in Food Packaging, Antec Conference Proceeding Proceedings.
39. Van Camp, D., Ie, P., Vodovotz, Y. and Hooker, N.H. 2010. Are USDA organic regulations governing the use of nonorganic ingredients in organic products a valuable tool for growing organic packaged foods sales or an impossible standard? Food Technology, 64(11):21-29.
40. Modi, S., Koelling, K. and Vodovotz, Y. 2010. Assessment of PHB with Varying Hydroxyvalerate content for Potential Packaging Applications. European Polymer Journal. 47:179-186.
41. Crockett, R., Ie, P. and Vodovotz, Y. 2011. Study I: How do xanthan and hydroxypropylmethylcellulose individually affect the physicochemical properties in a model gluten-free dough. Journal of Food Science. 76(3):E274-E282
42. Crockett, R., Ie, P. and Vodovotz, Y. 2011.Effect of soy protein isolate and egg white solids on the physicochemical properties of gluten-free bread. Food Chemistry. 129(1):84-91.
43. Serventi, L., Sachleben, J. and Vodovotz, Y. 2011. Effect of soy addition on microwavable pocket-type flat doughs. Journal of Food Science 76(5):E392-E398.
44. Siegwein, A.M., Fisher, E. and Vodovotz, Y. 2011. Addition of soy protein isolate to starch-based confections alters textural properties. Journal of Food Science. 6(76):E422-E428.
45. Serventi, L. and Vodovotz, Y. 2011. Soy Addition Improves the Texture of Microwavable Par-baked Pocket-type Flat Doughs. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. 106:117-121
46. Modi, S., Koelling, K. and Vodovotz, Y. 2011. Miscibility of poly-(3-hydroxybutyrate-co-3-hydroxyvalerate) with high molecular weight poly-(lactic acid) blends determined by thermal analysis. Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 124(4) 3074-3081.
47. Nilufer, D., Serventi, L., Boyacioglu, D., and Vodovotz, Y. 2011.Effect of soy milk powder addition on staling of soy bread. Food Chemistry. 131:1132-1139.
48. Simmons, A., Miller, C.K., Clinton, S.K., Vodovotz, Y. 2011. A comparison of satiety, glycemic index, and insulinemic index of wheat-derived soft pretzels with or without soy. Food and Function. 2:678-683
49. Simmons, A.L., Serventi, L. and Vodovotz, Y. 2012. Water dynamics in microwavable par-baked soy dough evaluated during frozen storage. Food Research International. 47-58-63.
50. Ahn-Jarvis, J.H., Clinton, S.K., Riedl, K.M., Vodovotz, Y. and Schwartz, S.J. 2012. Comparison of soy bread and soy beverage to assess the impact of food matrix on isoflavone metabolism and biomarkers in men and women. Food and Function, 3:1051–1058.
51. Simmons, A.L. and Vodovotz, Y. 2012. The effects of soy on freezable bread dough: A magnetic resonance study. Food Chemistry. 135:659–664.
52. Simmons, A.L., Smith, K. and Vodovotz, Y. 2012. Soy ingredients stabilize bread dough during frozen storage. Journal of Cereal Science. (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bbr.2011.03.031).
53. Ie, P.S., Petros, D., Stinner, D.H., Phelan, L., Hamaker, L., Koelling, K.W. and Vodovotz, Y. 2012.Gelatinization behavior of organic and conventional spelt starches assessed by thermal and rheological analyses. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 60(36):9229-9235.